Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and leading-edge, relevant research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for innovation, business and industry.
The global Fashion discipline consists of passionate and dedicated academics from a range of backgrounds, with distinct and diverse specialisms, including interior architecture and design and environmental design.
You will actively contribute to the development of the Fashion discipline, which currently includes both BA Hons Fashion and BSc Hons Fashion Technology and MA Fashion and Textile Design programmes. You will be experienced in learning, teaching and assessment at HE level. As an enthusiastic and visionary academic you will support and encourage students to achieve their full potential, you will have the ability to develop live, collaborative projects and demonstrate a willingness to engage creatively in the wider activities of the School.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (for a full list, please follow the link below)
Learning and Teaching
- Undertake teaching duties in relation to courses appropriate to your area of knowledge (e.g. through practical sessions, lectures, seminars, tutorials)
Research and Knowledge Transfer
- Extend, transform and apply knowledge acquired from scholarship to research and appropriate external activities; This activity should be evidenced through a range of high quality publishable research outputs as recommended and advised by current REF guidance for the Art and Design Unit of Assessment.
Academic Management and Administration
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the programme and course planning, preparation for assessments and for examination/progression boards etc.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- We require a minimum Master’s Degree and/or a PhD
- A record of achievement in professional practice commensurate with appointment at this level
- Recognised teaching qualification, i.e. PGCert/PGCap or membership/fellowship of higher education academy. Or be committed to achieving this within 2 years of appointment.
- Well developed knowledge and understanding of contemporary practice across the discipline and related areas.
- Evidence of working within the fashion design and/or fashion technology/or similar industry
- Relevant teaching experience and understanding of learning, teaching and assessment at HE level
- A strong understanding of Industry needs and the skills required by graduated for employability
For all criteria, further details and how to apply:
Heriot-Watt University is committed to securing equality of opportunity in employment and to the creation of an environment in which individuals are selected, trained, promoted, appraised and otherwise treated on the sole basis of their relevant merits and abilities. Equality and diversity are all about maximising potential and creating a culture of inclusion for all.
Heriot-Watt University values diversity across our University community and welcomes applications from all sectors of society, particularly from underrepresented groups. For more information, please see our website https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/services/equality-diversity.htm and also our award-winning work in Disability Inclusive Science Careers https://disc.hw.ac.uk/