We are seeking to recruit a new Deputy Director (Training) who will work alongside the existing Deputy Director (Training and Services) to support all aspects of training and therapy service delivery and development.
The Minster Centre has made a commitment to working to increase Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (EDI) in counselling and psychotherapy. We think of this in terms of increasing the diversity of members of the profession, increasing the accessibility and suitability of counselling and psychotherapy for all communities and identities, making our training more accessible and relevant to trainees from all backgrounds and identities, and equipping the therapists we train to work in a diverse society. As an experiential training and one that seeks to work at depth this is important work that leads us to question, sometimes radically, our assumptions as therapists and trainers and to explore and challenge our own identities. We are providing additional training, reflection and support to staff as part of this work.
Pro rata of £51,952 FTE
3-4 days (21-28 hours) per week. Hours and times open to discussion at interview. Attendance at the Minster Centre required on two training days a week in term time.
The Minster Centre is a registered charity based in Queens Park, NW6 providing psychotherapy and counselling training and an accessible therapy service. Its courses are accredited/validated by UKCP, BACP and Middlesex University and the Centre is registered with the Office for Students (OfS). The therapy service provides long term therapy delivered by senior trainees. The Centre has more than 300 students and 60 plus staff including around 50 trainers.
Main purpose of role
- Work with the Director and other Deputy Directors to provide leadership for the delivery and development of psychotherapy and counselling training and services at the Minster Centre.
- Provide senior level leadership for the Centre’s work on EDI.
Main areas of responsibility
- Oversee the development and day to day delivery of the Centre’s work to promote EDI in the psychotherapy and counselling professions.
- Oversee effective delivery, management and development of key Minster Centre courses. This post currently leads on Introduction to Counselling and Foundation courses, and Year 1 of professional training courses but responsibility for courses within the Senior Management Team can change over time.
- Ensure clear, accurate and accessible information is provided to potential applicants to Minster Centre courses and oversee a high-quality application and selection process, which facilitates and encourages applications from marginalised and under-represented groups.
- Act as Link Tutor with Middlesex University for key degree courses.
- Lead the relationship with one key partner (UKCP, BACP, Middlesex University, Office for Students).
The exact division of responsibilities between the Director and Deputy Directors is open to review.
View the full Job Description here: https://www.minstercentre.ac.uk/about/vacancies/deputy-director-training-edi-lead/
How to Apply
Closing date: 12pm, Tuesday 7th June 2022
Interviews: w/c Tuesday 14th June 2022
This post is being advertised internally and externally.
For further information please contact Alyson Jaffe, Deputy Director: [email protected]
We welcome applications from people from underrepresented groups in the field of psychotherapy and counselling and in our organisation, including people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, the LGBT+ community, care leavers, disabled people, and people from other minorities.