Closing date 09.06.2022 at 5pm.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Health and Safety Assistant to join the Biological Sciences safety team.
To assist with the management of health and safety within the School, working as an integral part of the team to promote high safety standards, engaging with staff and students across the School and taking the lead role for management of radiation safety. This post offers a developmental opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a Health and Safety career, with training provided and a requirement to work towards a formal qualification in health and safety.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Qualification in a relevant scientific background with a good knowledge and experience of scientific and laboratory safety procedures.
- Working knowledge and experience in general safety procedures and completing risk assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- A proven ability to assess problems and take appropriate action with the flexibility and resourcefulness to ensure effective outcomes.
- Enthusiasm and desire to develop in a health and safety career.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.