This new full-time post is available from 1st September 2022 on a permanent basis.
Please note that as of 1st September 2022 our colleges and schools will be moving into a new structure which will consist of the following three Faculties – Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy, and Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
The post of Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence in the Computer Science Department will contribute to extending the research profile of Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare, and Medical Image Analysis at Exeter, particularly in areas related or complementary to the field for which the department has a strong research preference. We are particularly interested in areas such as Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and Medical Image Analysis. However, we will consider candidates with expertise in any areas of Computer Science.
The post will include research, teaching and related administration in Computer Science; collaborate with the College, the Institute of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and the University of Exeter as a whole in order to develop and support Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence research programmes and the College’s research programmes.
For a Lecturer post you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Computer Science or closely related fields and have an independent, internationally recognised research programme in a relevant active field of research
- Knowledge and ability to teach core computer science modules outside the candidate’s research expertise.
- A strong record in attracting research funding or demonstrable potential to attract such funding.
- Teamwork skills to work in collaboration with existing group members.
- An active and supportive approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high-quality undergraduate and graduate programmes
- Strong connections in academia and industry, or demonstrable potential to lead industry-funded projects.
- Involvement in projects which develop impact.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification available on our website.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the post please contact Prof Ronaldo Menezes (tel: 01392-726991, email: [email protected]).