Salary: £37,467 – £51,799 per annum
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work (SSESW) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Science (PGCE). The successful applicant will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, teach the subject specialism of Science on the School’s PGCE Science programme and contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity as well. Appointment will be at Lecturer level.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours degree in Chemistry or Physics or an honours degree with a significant Chemistry or Physics component
- PhD or equivalent awarded or due for completion and to be awarded within 12 months of taking up post
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Evidence of an ability to publish academically
- Research interests which complement the research strategy of the School
- Potential to earn external research income
- Experience of teaching Chemistry and/or Physics to A-level
- Experience in teaching or mentoring ITE students
- Evidence of appropriate administrative experience, commensurate with stage of career
- Ability to contribute to broader management and administrative processes
- Ability to manage resources and understanding of management processes.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Closing Date: 13/06/2022
Anticipated Interview Date: 30/06/2022
Informal enquiries may be directed to: Lesley Emerson [email protected]
Information about the School can be found at: https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ssesw/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at: https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.